Typical laughing day at the shop.
Tadd: Evy what you been up to.
Me: Oh nothing paying off dept so I can take a vacation one day.
Tadd: Where you want to go?
Me: I don’t know England, Costa Rica or the Dominican Republic where my parents are from.
Tadd: I didn’t know you were Dominican.
Me: Really where did you think I was from?
Tadd: (Thinks for a while)…hummm I dont know the hood.
We both laughed so hard I think my eyelashes flew off.
Ps) He’s one of my best clients. In 15 years I’ve been doing his hair I’ve never heard him speak bad about anyone.🖤
I did my cousin’s son’s hair yesterday..he was sporting a short afro but wanted something fresh and different. I sprayed warm water with a little bit of hair conditioner and avocado oil…I also used hair pomade and that hard cement gel called (Got 2 be glued)…I sprayed his hair with the warm water bottle and took small sections of his hair and twisted his hair into coil twists. It was very important for me to see his hair looking shinny and smooth there is nothing sadder looking than dry brittle broom looking hair. I know it’s the style but I can’t have my clients walking around like a crusty brillo pad. …..anyhoo it was so good to see DJ…he’s grown into a mature nice gentleman. His rap album is dropping on January 16th. He’s a good rapper just a little concerned with all the foul language. I’m sure the radio is going to edit it. Funny how his music is not representing his kind gentle side..I guess you have to face and cave in into what the kids are into nowadays, trap music. None the less I’m hoping him and Drake can do a song together..a cute song about how they think ladies are queens and we deserve to be treated like crystal glass ….is that too mushy?🤣
If you are into trap music you can follow my adorable DJ’S Instagram page at @vince_2turnt or check him out at Sound Cloud. I can’t get into the new music but I can support my family’s dreams💜🖤
Ps) The name of the album is Black Out.
#platanopower 😉 #lovemyfamilia
I want to eventually transition myself to doing more barbering work. It’s less wear and tare on the body than dealing with long thick hair. I faded my brother in law today. He’s a perfectionist and so when he said I did good on his fade I was like “Phew!!😂
My client on the left Susan Mellen🖤❤💙
Something I want to address. I always hear blame on the victims for not reporting creepy guys asap. Unless you’ve been a victim of harassment you don’t know what you’re talking about.
1) Victims talk when they are ready. Som1tines you block it deep down your subconscious mind and out of the blues something will trigger vivid memories.
2) Who’s going to believe you over a powerful person.
3) Many of these Creepy Guys are married. Most of the their wives don’t believe their husbands are capable of such creepy crimes.
4) If you tell you risk everyone turning against you.
5) It’s too embarrassing to talk. When you do your body cringes.
6) Creepy Harvey Weinstein is a powetful man in Hollywood. It’s like an ant trying to stop a train.
7) I have the right to speak on it because it’s happened to me..my friend’s father and my aunt’s boyfriend both touched and rubbed me innaproprietly..when I was a young teen. I told, nothing was done. I figured why talk about it ..it wasn’t until years later I started to feel sick when I would get flash backs.
8) Creepy men come in all walks of life color, religion, money statues etc.
9) The first time my friend’s dad stuck his hand in my groin under my pajamas I got up and ran to another room. That is why I don’t believe in kids slumber parties keep your kids in your own home!! I have many more stories I can share but it’s not necessary to go in the gory details; you get the point.
10) I hope Creepy Harvey is banned from Hollywood and he never finds work again. He’s a disgusting pork.
11) Stop defending and sticking by these men. Just because you were NOT in the room it doesn’t mean the Creeps didn’t do it. You think they are stupid enough to do it in front of others?
12) If you stay in relationships with these types ofpeople and you know their bad habits you are just as guilty as them.