Hello this is my first day blogging on this site. I’ve always had dreams of publishing a book of my hairstyling experiences.. I live in Southern California.. And have been doing hair for about 26 years or more.. I was born with the scissors in my hands and love what I do. Enjoy my journal.
I did my cousin’s son’s hair yesterday..he was sporting a short afro but wanted something fresh and different. I sprayed warm water with a little bit of hair conditioner and avocado oil…I also used hair pomade and that hard cement gel called (Got 2 be glued)…I sprayed his hair with the warm water bottle and took small sections of his hair and twisted his hair into coil twists. It was very important for me to see his hair looking shinny and smooth there is nothing sadder looking than dry brittle broom looking hair. I know it’s the style but I can’t have my clients walking around like a crusty brillo pad. …..anyhoo it was so good to see DJ…he’s grown into a mature nice gentleman. His rap album is dropping on January 16th. He’s a good rapper just a little concerned with all the foul language. I’m sure the radio is going to edit it. Funny how his music is not representing his kind gentle side..I guess you have to face and cave in into what the kids are into nowadays, trap music. None the less I’m hoping him and Drake can do a song together..a cute song about how they think ladies are queens and we deserve to be treated like crystal glass ….is that too mushy?🤣
If you are into trap music you can follow my adorable DJ’S Instagram page at @vince_2turnt or check him out at Sound Cloud. I can’t get into the new music but I can support my family’s dreams💜🖤
Ps) The name of the album is Black Out.
#platanopower 😉 #lovemyfamilia
Something I want to address. I always hear blame on the victims for not reporting creepy guys asap. Unless you’ve been a victim of harassment you don’t know what you’re talking about.
1) Victims talk when they are ready. Som1tines you block it deep down your subconscious mind and out of the blues something will trigger vivid memories.
2) Who’s going to believe you over a powerful person.
3) Many of these Creepy Guys are married. Most of the their wives don’t believe their husbands are capable of such creepy crimes.
4) If you tell you risk everyone turning against you.
5) It’s too embarrassing to talk. When you do your body cringes.
6) Creepy Harvey Weinstein is a powetful man in Hollywood. It’s like an ant trying to stop a train.
7) I have the right to speak on it because it’s happened to me..my friend’s father and my aunt’s boyfriend both touched and rubbed me innaproprietly..when I was a young teen. I told, nothing was done. I figured why talk about it ..it wasn’t until years later I started to feel sick when I would get flash backs.
8) Creepy men come in all walks of life color, religion, money statues etc.
9) The first time my friend’s dad stuck his hand in my groin under my pajamas I got up and ran to another room. That is why I don’t believe in kids slumber parties keep your kids in your own home!! I have many more stories I can share but it’s not necessary to go in the gory details; you get the point.
10) I hope Creepy Harvey is banned from Hollywood and he never finds work again. He’s a disgusting pork.
11) Stop defending and sticking by these men. Just because you were NOT in the room it doesn’t mean the Creeps didn’t do it. You think they are stupid enough to do it in front of others?
12) If you stay in relationships with these types ofpeople and you know their bad habits you are just as guilty as them.
I’m feeling my black nails just got them done yesterday..always do something nice for yourself. Now that I have my own salon studio I have to get my nails done. I’m no longer working under someone else’s buisness. I now own Evy’s Hairstyles..I’m representing myself. Men and women notice the little things you do. Keep up with your appearances even if Satan is putting you through the ringer. We don’t have to look bad just because we are going through a trial.
This is Julie. I had to recut her hair on Saturday. I left it choppy a few days before..I was running behind and rushed her. I could feel the piercing glances through the mirror from my next client who was waiting in the lobby area. Energy speaks louder than words. Funny Julie was playing on her cell and she too could feel the negative vibrations. You can’t squeeze every in..some clients want ALL your attention and get jealous if you spend to much time on someone else.
I colored and cut Julie’s hair…her hair is resistant and pulls a lot of red. I’ve been controlling her red tones by doing low lights. I use a level 7 ash and do bleach highlites as well. And here you have the finish look tada!